Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese – Serves 4
I love a good spag bol (and I know I’m not the only one!) but we all know that you can’t possibly have a great tasting spag bol without the added sugars, salts and fats. Or can we?
This is my favourite recipe for a Bolognese, with Quorn mince in place of beef mince. Quorn is high in protein, tastes great and is low in saturated fats so I use it wherever I can.
Approx. Macro’s – per serving:
Calories – 476
Fat (g) 6.6
Carbs (g) 65.2
Protein (g) 31
250g organic wholewheat spaghetti
500g Quorn mince
2 x 390g chopped tomatoes, I use Italian chopped tomatoes with basil
50g baby button mushrooms, sliced
90g baby leaf spinach
1 large white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp of extra virgin organic coconut oil
1 tbsp of tomato ketchup (optional)
- Heat a frying pan and add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes until softened, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Fry for a further 5 minutes until the onions and mushrooms have browned, then add the Quorn mince to the pan.
- Brown the mince for around 8 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir the tomatoes into the mince and simmer until warmed through.
- In a saucepan, bring cold water to the boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente.
- Add a tablespoon of tomato ketchup to sweeten the sauce. This is optional, dependent on how you like your Bolognese sauce to taste.
- Add the spinach to the pan and heat through until wilted.
- Drain the spaghetti, add the Bolognese to the spaghetti and serve.
You can also garnish with basil or parmesan if you wish (make sure to add these to your macros)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, let me know if you give this a go and what you think of it.
Don’t forget the macro’s will vary depending on your ingredients, so you’ll need to double check them.
3 thoughts on “Spaghetti Bolognese”
I’m not gonna lie this is a brand new recipe for me…but it looks delicious!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve actually never heard of this before but it looks amazing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s one of my absolute favourites, definitely something you need to try! 🙂